Thursday, June 17, 2010

This pretty much sums things up.

Of all the cancer-swag, this is one of my favorites. Thanks Derek.




The only thing missing from this list is the immeasurable support, prayers and love from friends & family.

Today was my last treatment. With a few more items of cancer-swag, Chewy, graduation certificate in hand, and a significant amount of tears shed between the staff & I, it was bittersweet leaving the Huntsman Radiation Department. It was one of those moments when the reality of it all hit me again, and life seemed to move in slow motion for a few minutes. Five months ago, upon hearing my diagnosis & treatment, it felt like it would be an eternity before this day would be here. Here it is.

Many of you have commented on what you perceive as my super-human strength. Well, take a step back and look at where that strength came from. All of you. You unknowingly and effortlessly provided something more powerful than any chemical concoction could do. I only hope that I can return even a portion of that to you in this lifetime. You are the super heroes.

What will I do now? First, I'll enjoy doing NOTHING for awhile. I'll still post my random thoughts & rants, experiences about the never-ending mischievous ways of Thing 1 and Thing 2, maybe blog about other blogs (I'm so embarrassed I used that word twice in one sentence) and updates from the few remaining scans that I have over the next 5 years.

Love you all,
Shel
Shelly
Roach
Rasha
Raco
Rach
Achelle
or however else you may know me
*Rachelle*

8 comments:

  1. You rock Crotchy. Prouder than heck of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Racha! You deserve to do nothing and just hang out with thing 1 and thing 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I heart you. Congrats!!!
    You ROCK, Rachelle!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on this wonderful day!! I am so happy for you and that this day is finally here. We knew it would come eventually, along with the most fantastic news that marla and her side kick are history...oh so happy.
    You are one amazing human being that has inspired many.
    Thanks for sharing your journey with us.
    Can't wait to keep up with Thing 1 and Thing 2...hahhaha love that you call them that and their mama too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just have the tears rolling down my face. You are so awesome. I am so happy this Star Wars journey is done and I hope you never have to face a battle with Hans and Chewy again. You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY my friend! You kicked ass & even named it & sent her packing. I am so proud of you & your perseverance, you never gave up or thought to give up. Not many people could go through what you have & still have humor in it. I love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the news I've been waiting for! Congratulations my friend. You've been so much on my mind these past few months. Even after all these years, and all the miles between us, I still think of you as my good friend. You, being cancer-free, makes me very, very happy. Love, from the sticks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Awesome news. Glad to hear you are well and look forward to updates on Thing 1 and Thing 2.
    Shannon Tuddenham

    ReplyDelete