Monday, April 19, 2010

Kick-the-can anyone?

Let's get a few items of business out of the way. To my knowledge, no Nitrogen Mustard has been located, so we'll just move forward without it. My red & white blood counts are getting very low. I'm not exhausted & still functioning as normal, hopefully, I can avoid a transfusion altogether. I still have my eyebrows & eyelashes, they didn't fall out. If everything (my body) could just hang in there for 2 more weeks, this will all be over with soon.

To alleviate some apparent confusion, yes, I am totally bald.


So the big question, how am I feeling? Let me tell you. I have thoroughly enjoyed the onset of spring and with it, the warm weather. It recharges me, much like the scent of chlorine. I've spent several days working in the yard when the munchkins allow it. Dividing & transplanting, pulling a few weeds but mostly the encroaching grass in the flowerbeds, it's all therapy to me. I watched my parents & grandparents work in their yards, it was inevitable that I'd become just like them.

I did not appreciate yard work (much like dark chocolate) until I was an adult. I hated pulling weeds as a kid. Why would I enjoy it when there was that weird clown with a hat sprinkler to run through, dirt hills to ride our bikes on and kick-the-can to be played? I'm either that old, or we were just that cool. During the age of Atari and before every toy was battery-powered, we played kick-the-can.

6 comments:

  1. What do you mean maybe...we WERE that cool! Don't you wish our kids had the dirt hills? Or a whole bunch of kids to roam the neighborhood, looking for trouble. We have a few neighbor kids, but I definitely worry that my kids are getting ripped off. And just for the record, I like my yard too, but I'd take a good game of kick the can any day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there missy, it seems to maybe be over soon. However, your liking to work in the yard needs to rub off on me. I hate it, the sweat, the dirt and oh ya the bugs. However, I do love dark chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chelsey, I agree, our kids are totally getting ripped off. Though I'm sure they'll have no problems finding trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang! My childhood was a rip off! We played kick the can all the time, but I NEVER had a WHAM-O!!!

    You're a trooper to have low counts and still have energy...I know you can hang in there for two more weeks...2.more.weeks...that's it!
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know about a passion for yard work, but I do enjoy a certain sense of satisfaction from vacuuming. Then again, I have robots do it for me, so maybe it doesn't count.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1 more week missy & you'll be outside ALL the time! My prayers are still with you.

    PS. Thanks for sharing that cute hubby of yours the other night at 1AM. WOW, I've seen him now twice this year!!! :)

    ReplyDelete