Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Name My Neurosis

"What people are ashamed of usually makes a good story."  
 - F. Scott Fitzgerald -
If that quote holds true, then have I got a story for you.  One of my many neurosis is obsessing with the reflection of objects in magazine ads, photos, etc.  Rather than just looking at the photo, my eyes go directly to the reflective surface in hopes to find a photographer along side his crew in a tidy studio looking back at me.  Of course, with all of the shiny, pretty things, this season is a particularly difficult time of year for me. 
Now this problem is not only limited to what I've just described, but it also includes an annoyance that sets in whenever I watch television.  I'd like to take a moment to personally thank my Dad for pointing out that actors never take an actual bite of that burger or sandwich and the coffee cups they hold & pretend to sip from are always empty and visibly weightless.  I take note of these things every time I see it happen.
What a beautifully clean ladle.
Side note:  My disease cannot be named Roachaplakia as that was deemed in my 7th grade science class as the "inability to write cursive and restricted to printing only in capital letters," much to the dismay of Mr. Holbrook, as this caused a handicap in the speed of tedious note-taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment