Friday, May 7, 2010

Luminous Beings - Part II

Leia: I love you.
Han: I know.

I had a love/hate relationship with my PICC line, Han. Hated him at first, then he grew on me, and finally, I came to love him for the mere fact that he prevented me from being stabbed with a needle every week of treatment. Now that chemotherapy has been completed, and the PET scan results were excellent, it was time to say goodbye to Han. It's been a good three months buddy.
Now I'm going swimming.

Ready, set, pull. Gross huh?
It was completely painless coming out.


As for the results of the PET scan, the report indicates there is no significant residual activity identified within the mediastinum (marla), no new areas of abnormal PET accumulation.
Or just look at the pictures.
February 5, 2010
Three months and a myriad of chemicals later...
May 5, 2010

7 comments:

  1. Those pictures are amazing! I think these deserve a permanent spot on your fridge--just so you can smile every time you see them and remember that crazy spring a long time ago when you totally beat canser. And just for the record--I actually like "radioactive"--it's like you are a superhero. You could be Radioactive Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooo Hoooo!!! You did it...the canser it gone, Marla is history forever. YAY!! I want to personally thank Han for doing such a great job for my dear friend!
    Enjoy the chlorine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy Rachelle!! You are such a strong person and you did so great going through all of that. You deserve a lot more then just going swmming! Happy Mother's Day too! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. HELL YeAh!!!! Way to go!!! I'm soooooo proud of you, babycakes! You have a FABULOUS Mudder's Day. Don't drink any of the water in them swimmin' pools...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oustanding news!! I'm so happy that the insidious parasite has been eliminated!! You are a hero lady!! I hope you have the greatest mother's day ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rasha, I am so happy for you. I think I will celebrate by doing a little "Barbra dance" just for you. (moving computer chair far from my dancing area)

    Happy Mother's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome!! I am so happy to hear that things are going so well for you. Thanks for the updates. You are truly an amazing woman. Hope your Mother's Day was great. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete