Sunday, November 28, 2010

A'musing' Munchkins

Kids are a constant source of entertainment. I'm certain that is the reason I have them, and with some proper training, they'll become very useful in removing ridiculous amounts of snow from the sidewalks.



In addition to the surprise murals found behind furniture and independently crafted body art, the things they say make up for Desitin covered couches and scorch marked carpet bearing evidence of a flashlight left in the "on" position and placed lens facing down for an unknown amount of time.

Here is a sample from the past week alone.

Tyler - age 3:
"I'd like more mashed ma-tatoes please."

"This train moves back & thorth, back & thorth."
It's the little bit of Viking in him shining through.

"Mmmm. That was yummyish."
('Yummy' is often interchangeable with 'tastyish' as well.)

While Derek was helping him with his cereal at breakfast Tyler said,
"Will you help me with this the rest for my life?"

"Do bubbles turn into cotton balls?"

Tyler was at my parent's house and asked
"Grandma, do we have any laundry to do today?"
Note to my mom: Stop tapping their domestic-duty abilities, it's severely reducing their productivity at our house.

"Mom, I think I love you."
Good job little man, at least you're thinking.



Riley - age 5:
"I know how to say 'friend' in Spanish! It's 'friend-o.'
That's OK baby, that's how I speak Spanish too.

We had to pick up some accoutrements for Lucifer this week. After returning home, Riley was intently watching me clean the loo for the cat.
"Mom, that doesn't look like kitty-glitter."
The chore would be a lot more pleasant if it sparkled & shined.

My Dad gave Riley a quarter and asked her to babysit her Grandma for one hour while he went to work, she replied;
"I can't, I'm not a human!"


These are classics.
Riley: Mom, when I grow up I want to be a doctor so I can touch a brain with my brain gloves on.

I asked her if she knew I was proud of her for eating good food, she replied,
"I know. It makes me strong and filthy."

My very favorite, "Stop it Mom! You're making me stupid."
Good reminder, thanks Riley.

2 comments:

  1. Kids are the best!! And Grandkids are even better!! :) (ok, it's a tie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're kids have the best personalities EVER! They are a couple of hilarious little munchkins.
    "Strong and filthy"...love it!

    ReplyDelete