Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Insomniacs Unite


I can only imagine that this is what a meth user feels like. Two days following my introduction to chemotherapy, I slept like a babe. Literally, I would sleep for hours and at all times of the day & night. This was largely due to the anti-nausea medication I had to take during those two days. Subsequently, as the meds have left me throughout the week, so has sleep.


At the present moment, I have enough cravings to bake Martha Stewart to her grave, energy to work in the yard (albeit the temperature is slightly forbidding) to create a project that puts P. Allen Smith to shame, and the ambition to clean my house from top to bottom if it weren't for the sleeping house elves.


Not to worry, sleep will come, in about another hour or so. Until then, I may raid the fridge, see who has yet to change their privacy settings on Facebook (admit it, you've done it too), or look out my window and wonder what you are dreaming about.

3 comments:

  1. Rasha, u know who else is awake in the middle of the night if u ever want to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, thank you for reminding me of my options for late-night ramblings. Blessed are the vampires that work graves.

    ReplyDelete