Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Martian Child

This was the first day that I've felt broken, and not only in the physical sense. This crap can really do a number to your head, if you let it. I started off so strong, and not quite a month into treatment, I didn't think the side effects would catch up to me so quick. Overnight, I got the wobble legs from the mother-of-all-things-evil, Prednisone. It's difficult to explain, but they feel like they could give out from under me at any moment, yet they're full of nervous energy. I bruise easy, my hair is falling out, still a little swollen on the left side of things, and I no longer have the same energy level as before; they have all become frustrating. Actually, having to admit weakness to myself is what's frustrating.

This afternoon I was crying, having a "this deal sucks" moment, when my 3 year old son jumped up on the bed. He scampered right up beside me and said, "Mom, you so beautiful and I love you hair." I kept crying, but now for an entirely different reason. How do these little angels know exactly what to say and when you need to hear it most? Thanks buddy, mental attitude back in check.




Sometimes we forget that children have just arrived on the earth. They are a little like aliens coming into being as bundles of energy and pure potential. Here on some kind of exploratory mission..and they're just trying to learn what it means to be human. -Martian Child-

7 comments:

  1. When did your son become three? And Rachelle...you are as beautiful as they come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear you had a rough day...gotta LOVE those little kids to pick you up, that is so sweet! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny how just a little smile from our kids(or grandkids) can make us feel so much better.
    Hang in there & remember u can call me in the middle of the night anytime...Mon-thrus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This "deal" for you does suck...but you can (and will) make it through it.
    So sorry that all the side effects are starting to kick in...hang in there and before you know it all of this will be behind you.
    You have one sweet little sensitive guy that loves his mommy lots. Love the picture of you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry that you are going through this "deal"! You are amazing, and so strong!
    I love how children are able to genuinely tell us how wonderful they think we are and how much they love us! The simplest words they say make all the difference! I am so glad you have your sweet martian child(ren) to help you realize just how amazing you are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe your baby is "3"
    Sorry you had a bad day. Know that I am thinking of you at this time! What a beautiful woman you are!

    ReplyDelete