Friday, February 26, 2010

Rule #2 - The Double Tap

Today was a 2nd drip of Etoposide this week. I just gave marla The Double Tap! (Thank you, my good friend, for pointing out that marla does not deserve capitalization.) I'm starting to feel like a chemical wasteland.
So far, so good, there have been no side effects from the treatments this week. Ok, a little nausea, but very minor and easily remedied. Oh yeah, and my hair is still falling out. My fine follicle friend’s days are numbered.
My blood is still not thin enough, so continued Lovenox shots throughout the weekend. Don’t think I’m that brave; I have yet to give myself a single shot. I love having connections in the medical field!



Lunch of champions.



I'll be wearing this long after treatment is over.
Thanks Nic!

4 comments:

  1. You are beautiful Rachelle and even when all of your fine follicle friends leave you...you're still going to be beautiful.
    I don't blame you with the shots! Thank goodness for connections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my dear, it IS good to have connections! However, I'm still gonna think you're brave, baby!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are beyond brave! Giving yourself shots has nothing to do with it. You're doing AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Follicle, schmollice. I am absolutely serious when I say, outside of practical reasons like keeping sweat from driving us nuts on the noggin, what do we NEED hair for, other than our neighbors own self absorbed vanity. Your soul is so beautiful. I, personally, will not know when the follicle friends meet their demise because I don't notice your hair, I notice you! And I LOVE YOU my b-e-a-utiful friend. Your are a treasure that I am privledged to call friend. You are an honor!

    ReplyDelete