Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Chemical Romance

Are we having fun yet?


Thursday’s treatment marked the beginning of Round 2. All drug combinations will be repeated for another month, then one more month to go. This week it was Adriamycin (the red Kool-Aid looking stuff), Vinblastine (I like that one because it has the word BLAST in it), and finally, Mechlorethamine (Nitrogen Mustard). There is something to be said about the last one, when my nurse mixes it right before administering it to me and says, “If you see smoke or fumes, run!” Lovely, I’ll take two please.

GREAT news for the day: Consultation with my Doctor regarding the recent CT scan. No signs of the tumor in the left lymph node in my neck. We’re just seeing scar tissue. marla has been reduced in ½. That’s right, in ½ following 1 month of treatment. I’m ecstatic about this one.

Many of you are close family & friends, and even a few people I have not yet met, and have been following my progress. I want to express my thanks and gratitude to you all. As you know, I’m not one to wear religion on my sleeve. However, I believe that prayers are heard and answered. Whether you pray to The Almighty, Jebbus, Buddha, or just your über- positive thoughts & well wishes, it has made all the difference. There is no other explanation for my continued day to day strength. Thank you! I’m honored to have all of you a part of this too.

I still can't watch.

5 comments:

  1. This is my favorite post by far!! Such great and wonderful news! I'm so happy for you. It's so awesome that the tumor in your neck is gone...hallelujah! After two more months you'll be marla-freakin-free. Hang in there...you're doing fantastic! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, what Lindsey said! Fan-freak'n-tastic!

    My first thought when I saw your post was "Your looking so good for going thru so much"!
    My 2nd thought after reading about the Nitrogen Mustard, what came to mind was a SWAT briefing & the LT yelling "mustard,mustard,mustard". ( I need to get a regular desk job)LOL.

    I'm so happy for you Rasha & your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still so happy about the good news. And I think you look so cute with the short hair. 1 month down, 2 to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Anita, it was good to see you at Costco, you look great! I am so happy that things are going well. We will keep you in our prayers. You still my cute little neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend, I could not be more proud of you. You are my hero & my strength. I have come to the conculusion that I am by far the most blessed person for having you in my life and that my babies will get to play with your babies & call you Zia! I love you so very much & am in amazement of you everyday!

    ReplyDelete