Sunday, March 7, 2010

One of these things is not like the other...





OK technically Megan Fox was never bald, but I figured I'd throw in some eye candy for the gents. Like fish & guests, wallowing also goes bad after 3 days. I'm much better than I was a few days ago. Sans coiffure, I'm still a little camera shy, but I'm working on it.

Thursdays treatment was a repeat of week 2 in the Stanford V regimen (not regime, small pet peeve of mine when used incorrectly), Vincristine & Bleomycin. NO side effects this week! How cool is that? I have a feeling that Radiation is going to make up for all this good luck and kick my butt.

Now that I'm in official cue-ball status here are a few things I've noted over the past few days.

Things that rock:
- Cut my shower & prep time in 1/2. No more standing around waiting for the conditioner to do it's job.
- No drag when swimming. Sadly, I won't be able to utilize this until Han & I say our goodbyes. I can't wait for May.
- Deer repellent. I cut up what I shaved on my head and spread it around the emerging tulips in my yard. We'll see if this keeps the little darlings away from their candy.
- I can do a great impression of Uncle Fester. I'm so glad we introduced the munchkins to the Addams Family movies prior to this. (this borders on the "things that don't" category)

...and things that don't:
- It's freezing cold now! I don't know how you guys do it. Hats all the time for me.
- No swimming until May, so I can't take full advantage of this situation, yet.
- I look the part of a c-word patient. Not always cool because you should see the looks I get. I've seen "oh, that poor girl" on people's faces. I feel fine, I just don't look like it.
- Having to keep baby oil on my head. Helps prevent irritation. Even though my hair is falling out, it's still growing new stuff too.

Good News of the Day: I'm officially 1/3 of the way finished with chemo! Two months left.
So...to all you sweet souls that have offered to shave your heads too, DON"T DO IT! I'll smack you if you do. Save your lovely locks, mine will catch up to you soon enough.

3 comments:

  1. I'd say besides the guy with the facial hair in the bottom corner, you're in good company! Those are some hot bald women! :) Who knows, maybe this will fit in with one of Derek's secret fantasies. Sounds like you're feeling better, and I'm so glad. Have a happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the whole curly iron/flat iron/wash/rinse/repeat crap is over rated!
    I always said all guys had to do was throw on a cap & out the door. Not fair at times!

    You sound much better than ur last post. I too am glad ur feeling better. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete